In todays' real estate market more than 93% of home buyers start their search online. Your property is about to go on display and needs to loos its absolute best. Your Realtor has scheduled a professional photo shoot from Travis Knoop Photography and here are a few tips to help make your home look the very best for the photo shoot.
- Both the interior and exterior should be ready for photos when I arrive.
- I will not be staging your home so please ask your Realtor for staging advice or the name of a professional staging consultant.
- Remove all vehicles from the driveway and move trash bins to the garage or out to the street.
- De-cluttered, picked up and tidy make more of a difference than 'spotless'.
- All beds should be neatly made and bedrooms straightened up.
- All counters in the kitchen and bathrooms are well organized or cleared off.
- Remove all magnets, schedules, pictures, calendars, etc from the refrigerator.
- Turn off all ceiling fans. Turn on all overhead lights and lamps. Open all blinds and curtains. Check all light fixtures for burned out bulbs and replace as necessary. Try to use bulbs with the same light temperature.
- Check bathroom towel racks; arrange towels in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Check outside! Make sure grass is trimmed, toys and gardening supplies are picked up and poop is scooped.
- Clean off and arrange outside furniture to highlight the outside living areas.
Photo shoots will vary from 30 minutes to about an hour and a half depending on the property size and amount of pre-shoot prep work. All major furnished areas of the home will be photographed, including bathrooms. Closets and garages will not be photographed unless otherwise requested by your agent. This is the perfect place to store items not meant to be seen in the photographs.
Thank you for your time and effort completing this list. Making these small changes will make a work of difference in the way your property appears in the photographs!